Yes, December means Christmas, so it’s a very exciting month. But Christmas aside, for me as a ‘hater’ of winter and the cold, I’m kinda ready to press fast-forward onto March because I hate-the-cold (have I mentioned that already?). However, yesterday I looked up and was blown away by the stunning sky. I just don’t think you get this kind of light in Summer, it’s so seasonal. I happened to be near Buckingham Palace at the time and got this stunning shot from The Mall before the sun went down.
Memoirs of a Metro Girl is a blog for residents and visitors to London, featuring what’s on guides, reviews, events, history and the odd travel piece.
- The giant Earth sculpture ‘Gaia’ is returning to the Painted Hall
- White Hart Dock | Boat sculptures pay tribute to a lost riverside hub
- Old Royal Naval College to reopen with workshops, history tours and foodie treats
- Victoria House in Whitefriars | An unusual blend of 19th century architecture
- Oscar Wilde’s London: Discover the playwright’s haunts
- Step inside Whitehall’s jewel: The Foreign and Commonwealth Office building
- The #history of 17 Fleet Street - one of the only City of London buildings to survive the Great Fire memoirsofametrogirl.com/2020/07/02/pri… 9 hours ago
- The story behind the Crystal Palace dinosaurs #ttot memoirsofametrogirl.com/2020/08/13/cry… 10 hours ago
- The story behind the lost Lowther Arcade on the Strand #history memoirsofametrogirl.com/2020/01/15/low… 17 hours ago
Most read today
Most photographs and text on this page are © Memoirs Of A Metro Girl, unless otherwise stated.
DO NOT COPY WITHOUT SEEKING PERMISSION FIRST.
- Follow Memoirs Of A Metro Girl on WordPress.com
Tags19th century Carnaby Street cinema City of London cocktails Covent Garden East End eating foodie Georgian half-term ice skating immersive immersive theatre installation literature live music Mayfair Open House London Piccadilly Pop up River Thames school holidays sculpture Shoreditch Sir Christopher Wren Soho South Bank Spitalfields St James street furniture subterranean The Vaults Things to do in London Travel Victorian Vintage Waterloo Westminster What's On Guide