Yes, December means Christmas, so it’s a very exciting month. But Christmas aside, for me as a ‘hater’ of winter and the cold, I’m kinda ready to press fast-forward onto March because I hate-the-cold (have I mentioned that already?). However, yesterday I looked up and was blown away by the stunning sky. I just don’t think you get this kind of light in Summer, it’s so seasonal. I happened to be near Buckingham Palace at the time and got this stunning shot from The Mall before the sun went down.
Memoirs of a Metro Girl is a blog for residents and visitors to London, featuring what’s on guides, reviews, events, history and the odd travel piece.
- Imagine Festival 2023 | What to expect as the family arts fest returns to the Southbank Centre
- Lightopia 2022 gallery | Festive light show returns to Crystal Palace Park
- Wild Table of Love | Pull up a stool and dine with the animals at Gillie and Marc’s latest public sculpture
- Guide to what’s on in London in January 2023
- Guide to what’s on in London in December 2022
- Guide to London’s Christmas markets and fairs 2022
- The people and history of this Georgian building in #CoventGarden memoirsofametrogirl.com/2019/11/24/23-… 7 hours ago
- Check out the free contemporary #art trail in the City of London memoirsofametrogirl.com/2022/09/27/scu… 8 hours ago
- Have you spotted these bakers in Spitalfields? #art memoirsofametrogirl.com/2018/01/04/12-… 8 hours ago
- Join 995 other subscribers.
Most read today
Most photographs and text on this page are © Memoirs Of A Metro Girl, unless otherwise stated.
DO NOT COPY WITHOUT SEEKING PERMISSION FIRST.
- Follow Memoirs Of A Metro Girl on WordPress.com
Tags19th century 1920s Carnaby Street cinema City of London cocktails Covent Garden East End eating foodie Georgian half-term Halloween ice skating immersive immersive theatre installation literature live music London Mayfair Open House London photography Piccadilly Pop up River Thames school holidays sculpture Soho South Bank Spitalfields St James street furniture Things to do in London Travel Victorian Vintage Waterloo Westminster What's On Guide