Yes, December means Christmas, so it’s a very exciting month. But Christmas aside, for me as a ‘hater’ of winter and the cold, I’m kinda ready to press fast-forward onto March because I hate-the-cold (have I mentioned that already?). However, yesterday I looked up and was blown away by the stunning sky. I just don’t think you get this kind of light in Summer, it’s so seasonal. I happened to be near Buckingham Palace at the time and got this stunning shot from The Mall before the sun went down.
Memoirs of a Metro Girl is a blog for residents and visitors to London, featuring what’s on guides, reviews, events, history and the odd travel piece.
- Try your hand at curling as ‘Club Curling’ pops up at King’s Cross
- Guide to London’s open-air ice rinks this winter 2021/2022
- Middle Temple Gatehouse | Step through a 17th century gateway to London’s legal heartland
- Winterfest returns to Wembley Park for 2021 with ‘Reunited in Light’
- What’s on in London this Halloween 2021
- The Panyer Boy of St Paul’s | What is the story behind this 17th century relic?
- What's on in London this #Halloween for both adults and kids memoirsofametrogirl.com/2021/10/11/wha… 5 hours ago
- The story of a lost London department store #history memoirsofametrogirl.com/2019/12/29/swa… 6 hours ago
- This luxury London hotel in a former courthouse has seen many famous faces in the dock #history memoirsofametrogirl.com/2020/11/19/mar… 7 hours ago
Most read today
Most photographs and text on this page are © Memoirs Of A Metro Girl, unless otherwise stated.
DO NOT COPY WITHOUT SEEKING PERMISSION FIRST.
- Follow Memoirs Of A Metro Girl on WordPress.com
Tags17th century 19th century Carnaby Street cinema City of London cocktails Covent Garden East End eating foodie Georgian half-term Halloween ice skating immersive immersive theatre installation literature live music Mayfair neon Open House London Piccadilly Pop up River Thames school holidays sculpture Soho South Bank Spitalfields St James street furniture The Vaults Things to do in London Travel Victorian Vintage Waterloo Westminster What's On Guide