Yes, December means Christmas, so it’s a very exciting month. But Christmas aside, for me as a ‘hater’ of winter and the cold, I’m kinda ready to press fast-forward onto March because I hate-the-cold (have I mentioned that already?). However, yesterday I looked up and was blown away by the stunning sky. I just don’t think you get this kind of light in Summer, it’s so seasonal. I happened to be near Buckingham Palace at the time and got this stunning shot from The Mall before the sun went down.
Memoirs of a Metro Girl is a blog for residents and visitors to London, featuring what’s on guides, reviews, events, history and the odd travel piece.
- Serpentine Pavilion 2021: Counterspace’s tribute to London’s community spaces
- Leadenhall Market celebrates 700 years with a series of free events
- Guide to what’s on in London in July 2021
- Shop back in time as the Classic Car Boot Sale returns to King’s Cross
- Open-air cinema, EURO 2020 football, live music and art as Summer of Play launches at Wembley Park
- Guide to what’s on in London in June 2021
- Pose with your favourite film character @ Leicester Square's sculpture trail #art memoirsofametrogirl.com/2020/03/14/sce… 13 hours ago
- The urban myths of #London and the real story behind them memoirsofametrogirl.com/2018/11/03/urb… 20 hours ago
- Explore #CharlesDickens London memoirsofametrogirl.com/2014/02/08/cha… 1 day ago
Most read today
Most photographs and text on this page are © Memoirs Of A Metro Girl, unless otherwise stated.
DO NOT COPY WITHOUT SEEKING PERMISSION FIRST.
- Follow Memoirs Of A Metro Girl on WordPress.com
Tags19th century Carnaby Street cinema City of London cocktails Covent Garden East End eating foodie Georgian half-term ice skating immersive immersive theatre installation literature live music Mayfair Open House London photography Piccadilly Pop up River Thames school holidays sculpture Sir Christopher Wren Soho South Bank Spitalfields St James street furniture subterranean The Vaults Things to do in London Travel Victorian Vintage Waterloo Westminster What's On Guide