Tonight I was out in the City of London for dinner and a spot of theatre. I’ve heard about the roof terrace at One New Change and popped up in the lift to the sixth floor to check it out. Although the sky was overcast, it was a lovely view of St Paul’s, The Shard, Oxo Tower and more. However, a few hours later, once the ‘sun’ (cough cough) had gone down, we were passing One New Change on our way home so couldn’t resist popping back up to the terrace for another perspective at night. Bizarrely, thanks to what I assume was a combination of low cloud cover and the powerful lights on St Paul’s, there was actually a silhouette, shadow of the iconic dome on the sky. I must confess it was very strange, and slightly eerie and I’m glad I had my proper camera on me to capture the shot.
Memoirs of a Metro Girl is a blog for residents and visitors to London, featuring what’s on guides, reviews, events, history and the odd travel piece.
- A decade of Memoirs of a Metro Girl!
- Celebrate the Queen’s Platinum Jubilee at Wembley Park at the Jubilee Dance Party
- Guide to what’s on in London in May 2022
- Guide to what’s on in London in April 2022
- Exploring the stories behind the art | Inspired! exhibition launches at Guildhall Art Gallery
- Guide to what’s on in London in March 2022
- New exhibition explores #art inspired by theatre, music and books memoirsofametrogirl.com/2022/03/22/ins… 4 hours ago
- NEW POST: @MemoirsOfAMetro is celebrating 10 years of #blogging 🎉 memoirsofametrogirl.com/2022/05/13/mem… 19 hours ago
- The story of this #ArtDeco temple on Fleet Street memoirsofametrogirl.com/2019/02/26/pet… 20 hours ago
Most read today
Most photographs and text on this page are © Memoirs Of A Metro Girl, unless otherwise stated.
DO NOT COPY WITHOUT SEEKING PERMISSION FIRST.
- Follow Memoirs Of A Metro Girl on WordPress.com
Tags19th century 1920s Carnaby Street cinema City of London cocktails Covent Garden East End eating foodie Georgian half-term Halloween ice skating immersive immersive theatre installation literature live music Mayfair Open House London pantomime photography Piccadilly Pop up River Thames school holidays sculpture Soho South Bank Spitalfields St James street furniture Things to do in London Travel Victorian Vintage Waterloo Westminster What's On Guide