Tonight I was out in the City of London for dinner and a spot of theatre. I’ve heard about the roof terrace at One New Change and popped up in the lift to the sixth floor to check it out. Although the sky was overcast, it was a lovely view of St Paul’s, The Shard, Oxo Tower and more. However, a few hours later, once the ‘sun’ (cough cough) had gone down, we were passing One New Change on our way home so couldn’t resist popping back up to the terrace for another perspective at night. Bizarrely, thanks to what I assume was a combination of low cloud cover and the powerful lights on St Paul’s, there was actually a silhouette, shadow of the iconic dome on the sky. I must confess it was very strange, and slightly eerie and I’m glad I had my proper camera on me to capture the shot.
- Memoirs Of A Metro Girl is a blog for residents and visitors to London, featuring what's on guides, reviews, pop-ups, festivals, history and the odd travel piece.
- Trading, theatre and Tudor merchants | The story of The Royal Exchange
- Fine dining, drinks and drama as immersive experience ‘The Murdér Express’ returns
- Guide to what’s on in London in October 2020
- Explore the unlocked city as Open House London 2020 returns with a difference
- Tower Subway | The story behind London’s lost underwater railway
- Totally Thames 2020: Celebrate the capital’s lifeblood with an outdoors and digital festival
Check out Metro Girl on Instagram
- There's a piece of a 17th century prison in Westminster #ttot memoirsofametrogirl.com/2020/03/29/tot… 8 hours ago
- The story behind the Crystal Palace dinosaurs #ttot memoirsofametrogirl.com/2020/08/13/cry… 9 hours ago
- NEW POST: The #history of London's Royal Exchange memoirsofametrogirl.com/2020/10/13/the… 10 hours ago
Most read today
All photographs and text on this page are © Memoirs Of A Metro Girl, unless otherwise stated.
DO NOT USE WITHOUT SEEKING PERMISSION FIRST.
- Follow Memoirs Of A Metro Girl on WordPress.com
Tags19th century 1920s Carnaby Street cinema City of London Clapham cocktails Covent Garden East End eating foodie Georgian half-term ice skating immersive immersive theatre live music Mayfair Open House London Piccadilly Pop up River Thames school holidays sculpture Shoreditch Sir Christopher Wren Soho South Bank Spitalfields St James street furniture The Vaults Things to do in London Travel tube Victorian Vintage Waterloo Westminster What's On Guide