Tonight I was out in the City of London for dinner and a spot of theatre. I’ve heard about the roof terrace at One New Change and popped up in the lift to the sixth floor to check it out. Although the sky was overcast, it was a lovely view of St Paul’s, The Shard, Oxo Tower and more. However, a few hours later, once the ‘sun’ (cough cough) had gone down, we were passing One New Change on our way home so couldn’t resist popping back up to the terrace for another perspective at night. Bizarrely, thanks to what I assume was a combination of low cloud cover and the powerful lights on St Paul’s, there was actually a silhouette, shadow of the iconic dome on the sky. I must confess it was very strange, and slightly eerie and I’m glad I had my proper camera on me to capture the shot.
Memoirs of a Metro Girl is a blog for residents and visitors to London, featuring what’s on guides, reviews, events, history and the odd travel piece.
- Try your hand at curling as ‘Club Curling’ pops up at King’s Cross
- Guide to London’s open-air ice rinks this winter 2021/2022
- Middle Temple Gatehouse | Step through a 17th century gateway to London’s legal heartland
- Winterfest returns to Wembley Park for 2021 with ‘Reunited in Light’
- What’s on in London this Halloween 2021
- The Panyer Boy of St Paul’s | What is the story behind this 17th century relic?
- NEW POST: Head to Kings Cross this winter to try out #curling memoirsofametrogirl.com/2021/10/23/cur… 11 minutes ago
- The history of the Middle Temple Gatehouse on Fleet Street memoirsofametrogirl.com/2021/10/18/mid… 1 hour ago
- The story behind Cecil Court, London's literary lane #ttot memoirsofametrogirl.com/2018/09/02/cec… 2 hours ago
Most read today
Most photographs and text on this page are © Memoirs Of A Metro Girl, unless otherwise stated.
DO NOT COPY WITHOUT SEEKING PERMISSION FIRST.
- Follow Memoirs Of A Metro Girl on WordPress.com
Tags17th century 19th century Carnaby Street cinema City of London cocktails Covent Garden East End eating foodie Georgian half-term Halloween ice skating immersive immersive theatre installation literature live music Mayfair neon Open House London Piccadilly Pop up River Thames school holidays sculpture Soho South Bank Spitalfields St James street furniture The Vaults Things to do in London Travel Victorian Vintage Waterloo Westminster What's On Guide