Tonight I was out in the City of London for dinner and a spot of theatre. I’ve heard about the roof terrace at One New Change and popped up in the lift to the sixth floor to check it out. Although the sky was overcast, it was a lovely view of St Paul’s, The Shard, Oxo Tower and more. However, a few hours later, once the ‘sun’ (cough cough) had gone down, we were passing One New Change on our way home so couldn’t resist popping back up to the terrace for another perspective at night. Bizarrely, thanks to what I assume was a combination of low cloud cover and the powerful lights on St Paul’s, there was actually a silhouette, shadow of the iconic dome on the sky. I must confess it was very strange, and slightly eerie and I’m glad I had my proper camera on me to capture the shot.
Memoirs of a Metro Girl is a blog for residents and visitors to London, featuring what’s on guides, reviews, events, history and the odd travel piece.
- Guide to what’s on in London in October 2022
- Sculpture in the City 2022/2023 | Art trail returns to the Square Mile
- London hosts thought-provoking sculpture trails for The World Reimagined
- Gallery: Floral tributes to Queen Elizabeth II in Green Park
- Take a walk on the arty side as Sculpture in the City launches free tours to mark Sculpture Week London
- Guide to what’s on in London in September 2022
- New #art trail explores the legacy of the transatlantic slave trade memoirsofametrogirl.com/2022/09/20/wor… 3 hours ago
- NEW POST: Check out the City of London's free #sculpture trail #sculptureinthecity memoirsofametrogirl.com/2022/09/27/scu… 20 hours ago
- Discover Jane Austen's London #janeausten memoirsofametrogirl.com/2020/03/02/jan… 1 day ago
- Join 979 other followers
Most read today
Most photographs and text on this page are © Memoirs Of A Metro Girl, unless otherwise stated.
DO NOT COPY WITHOUT SEEKING PERMISSION FIRST.
- Follow Memoirs Of A Metro Girl on WordPress.com
Tags19th century 1920s Carnaby Street cinema City of London cocktails Covent Garden East End eating foodie Georgian half-term Halloween ice skating immersive immersive theatre installation literature live music London Mayfair Open House London photography Piccadilly Pop up River Thames school holidays sculpture Soho South Bank Spitalfields St James street furniture Things to do in London Travel Victorian Vintage Waterloo Westminster What's On Guide