Tonight I was out in the City of London for dinner and a spot of theatre. I’ve heard about the roof terrace at One New Change and popped up in the lift to the sixth floor to check it out. Although the sky was overcast, it was a lovely view of St Paul’s, The Shard, Oxo Tower and more. However, a few hours later, once the ‘sun’ (cough cough) had gone down, we were passing One New Change on our way home so couldn’t resist popping back up to the terrace for another perspective at night. Bizarrely, thanks to what I assume was a combination of low cloud cover and the powerful lights on St Paul’s, there was actually a silhouette, shadow of the iconic dome on the sky. I must confess it was very strange, and slightly eerie and I’m glad I had my proper camera on me to capture the shot.
- Memoirs Of A Metro Girl is a blog for residents and visitors to London, featuring what's on guides, reviews, pop-ups, festivals, history and the odd travel piece.
- Step inside Whitehall’s jewel: The Foreign and Commonwealth Office building
- ‘Remembering a Brave New World’ lights up Tate Britain
- Christmas cocktails to your front door with The Sun Tavern’s Quarantini kits
- The giant Earth sculpture ‘Gaia’ is returning to the Painted Hall
- Guide to what’s on in London in December 2020
- ‘Traditionally untraditional’ Christmas lights up King’s Cross with three spectacular trees
- The #history of 17 Fleet Street - one of the only City of London buildings to survive the Great Fire memoirsofametrogirl.com/2020/07/02/pri… 9 hours ago
- The history of #Shoreditch town hall memoirsofametrogirl.com/2020/04/18/sho… 14 hours ago
- Explore London's top museum and #art exhibitions virtually #MuseumFromHome #virtualtravel memoirsofametrogirl.com/2020/04/28/vir… 15 hours ago
Most read today
All photographs and text on this page are © Memoirs Of A Metro Girl, unless otherwise stated.
DO NOT USE WITHOUT SEEKING PERMISSION FIRST.
- Follow Memoirs Of A Metro Girl on WordPress.com
Tags19th century Carnaby Street cinema City of London cocktails Covent Garden East End eating foodie Georgian half-term ice skating immersive immersive theatre installation literature live music Mayfair Open House London Piccadilly Pop up River Thames school holidays sculpture Shoreditch Sir Christopher Wren Soho South Bank Spitalfields St James street furniture subterranean The Vaults Things to do in London Travel Victorian Vintage Waterloo Westminster What's On Guide