Tonight I was out in the City of London for dinner and a spot of theatre. I’ve heard about the roof terrace at One New Change and popped up in the lift to the sixth floor to check it out. Although the sky was overcast, it was a lovely view of St Paul’s, The Shard, Oxo Tower and more. However, a few hours later, once the ‘sun’ (cough cough) had gone down, we were passing One New Change on our way home so couldn’t resist popping back up to the terrace for another perspective at night. Bizarrely, thanks to what I assume was a combination of low cloud cover and the powerful lights on St Paul’s, there was actually a silhouette, shadow of the iconic dome on the sky. I must confess it was very strange, and slightly eerie and I’m glad I had my proper camera on me to capture the shot.
- Memoirs Of A Metro Girl is a blog for residents and visitors to London, featuring what's on guides, reviews, pop-ups, festivals, history and the odd travel piece.
- Travel to the ancient world with the Crystal Palace dinosaurs
- THE END finally lands on Trafalgar Square’s Fourth Plinth
- Step into Picasso’s studio with an immersive art experience at BASTIAN gallery
- Ultimate London Quiz Part 2 | Questions and answers about the capital
- Adelaide House | The story of London’s first skyscraper
- Austin Friars | The history of one of London’s lost monasteries
Check out Metro Girl on Instagram
- The story behind the red pillars in the Thames #ttot memoirsofametrogirl.com/2017/10/02/bla… 13 hours ago
- The story of the former #Shoreditch Town Hall memoirsofametrogirl.com/2020/04/18/sho… 14 hours ago
- Review: Exploring Deptford Creek on a low-tide walk #ttot memoirsofametrogirl.com/2019/08/07/cre… 15 hours ago
Most read today
All photographs and text on this page are © Memoirs Of A Metro Girl, unless otherwise stated.
DO NOT USE WITHOUT SEEKING PERMISSION FIRST.
- Follow Memoirs Of A Metro Girl on WordPress.com
Tags19th century 1920s Backyard Cinema Carnaby Street cinema City of London Clapham cocktails Covent Garden East End eating foodie Georgian half-term ice skating immersive immersive theatre live music Mayfair Open House London Piccadilly Pop up River Thames school holidays sculpture Shoreditch Sir Christopher Wren Soho South Bank Spitalfields St James street furniture The Vaults Things to do in London Travel Victorian Vintage Waterloo Westminster What's On Guide