The glorious hot weather we’ve had over the past few weeks have made for some stunning sunsets. Last night, I was out with a few friends enjoying some alfresco drinking in Greenwich and couldn’t resist the draw of the River Thames as the sun prepared to go to bed. I took this photo with my cameraphone, so admittedly not as good as it could have been if I remembered my camera! However, the combination of still water, clouds, the colours and silhouette of The Shard in the distance made for a stunning scene.
Memoirs of a Metro Girl is a blog for residents and visitors to London, featuring what’s on guides, reviews, events, history and the odd travel piece.
- Serpentine Pavilion 2021: Counterspace’s tribute to London’s community spaces
- Leadenhall Market celebrates 700 years with a series of free events
- Guide to what’s on in London in July 2021
- Shop back in time as the Classic Car Boot Sale returns to King’s Cross
- Open-air cinema, EURO 2020 football, live music and art as Summer of Play launches at Wembley Park
- Guide to what’s on in London in June 2021
- A guide to #Shakespeare 's London memoirsofametrogirl.com/2019/09/17/wil… 10 hours ago
- A look inside one of London's surviving Victorian music halls #ttot memoirsofametrogirl.com/2019/12/16/hox… 11 hours ago
- #Vintage lovers should head to King's Cross this August for the Classic Car Boot Sale memoirsofametrogirl.com/2021/06/27/cla… 16 hours ago
Most read today
Most photographs and text on this page are © Memoirs Of A Metro Girl, unless otherwise stated.
DO NOT COPY WITHOUT SEEKING PERMISSION FIRST.
- Follow Memoirs Of A Metro Girl on WordPress.com
Tags19th century Carnaby Street cinema City of London cocktails Covent Garden East End eating foodie Georgian half-term ice skating immersive immersive theatre installation literature live music Mayfair Open House London photography Piccadilly Pop up River Thames school holidays sculpture Sir Christopher Wren Soho South Bank Spitalfields St James street furniture subterranean The Vaults Things to do in London Travel Victorian Vintage Waterloo Westminster What's On Guide