The glorious hot weather we’ve had over the past few weeks have made for some stunning sunsets. Last night, I was out with a few friends enjoying some alfresco drinking in Greenwich and couldn’t resist the draw of the River Thames as the sun prepared to go to bed. I took this photo with my cameraphone, so admittedly not as good as it could have been if I remembered my camera! However, the combination of still water, clouds, the colours and silhouette of The Shard in the distance made for a stunning scene.
Memoirs of a Metro Girl is a blog for residents and visitors to London, featuring what’s on guides, reviews, events, history and the odd travel piece.
- Top London podcasts to inform and inspire
- The lost Moorish palace of showbiz and sin: The story of Leicester Square’s Alhambra
- Guide to what’s on in London in May 2021
- Appetise your wanderlust at the Travel Photographer of the Year awards 2020 exhibition
- The giant Earth sculpture ‘Gaia’ is returning to the Painted Hall
- White Hart Dock | Boat sculptures pay tribute to a lost riverside hub
- NEW POST: Discover London's best #podcasts memoirsofametrogirl.com/2021/05/11/lon… 3 hours ago
- The history of the 'Thin House' in #Kensington memoirsofametrogirl.com/2018/01/28/thi… 3 hours ago
- Did you know there's a piece of the Berlin Wall in London? memoirsofametrogirl.com/2019/01/11/ber… 4 hours ago
Most read today
Most photographs and text on this page are © Memoirs Of A Metro Girl, unless otherwise stated.
DO NOT COPY WITHOUT SEEKING PERMISSION FIRST.
- Follow Memoirs Of A Metro Girl on WordPress.com
Tags19th century Carnaby Street cinema City of London cocktails Covent Garden East End eating foodie Georgian half-term ice skating immersive immersive theatre installation literature live music Mayfair Open House London photography Piccadilly Pop up River Thames school holidays sculpture Sir Christopher Wren Soho South Bank Spitalfields St James street furniture subterranean The Vaults Things to do in London Travel Victorian Vintage Waterloo Westminster What's On Guide