The glorious hot weather we’ve had over the past few weeks have made for some stunning sunsets. Last night, I was out with a few friends enjoying some alfresco drinking in Greenwich and couldn’t resist the draw of the River Thames as the sun prepared to go to bed. I took this photo with my cameraphone, so admittedly not as good as it could have been if I remembered my camera! However, the combination of still water, clouds, the colours and silhouette of The Shard in the distance made for a stunning scene.
Memoirs of a Metro Girl is a blog for residents and visitors to London, featuring what’s on guides, reviews, events, history and the odd travel piece.
- Try your hand at curling as ‘Club Curling’ pops up at King’s Cross
- Guide to London’s open-air ice rinks this winter 2021/2022
- Middle Temple Gatehouse | Step through a 17th century gateway to London’s legal heartland
- Winterfest returns to Wembley Park for 2021 with ‘Reunited in Light’
- What’s on in London this Halloween 2021
- The Panyer Boy of St Paul’s | What is the story behind this 17th century relic?
- Have you spotted this hidden piece of #history on Bankside? memoirsofametrogirl.com/2016/04/27/the… 2 hours ago
- NEW ON THE BLOG: Guide to London's ice rinks #iceskating memoirsofametrogirl.com/2021/10/21/ice… 3 hours ago
- Travel on an underground railroad on London's Mail Rail #ttot memoirsofametrogirl.com/2018/02/12/mai… 3 hours ago
Most read today
Most photographs and text on this page are © Memoirs Of A Metro Girl, unless otherwise stated.
DO NOT COPY WITHOUT SEEKING PERMISSION FIRST.
- Follow Memoirs Of A Metro Girl on WordPress.com
Tags17th century 19th century Carnaby Street cinema City of London cocktails Covent Garden East End eating foodie Georgian half-term Halloween ice skating immersive immersive theatre installation literature live music Mayfair neon Open House London Piccadilly Pop up River Thames school holidays sculpture Soho South Bank Spitalfields St James street furniture The Vaults Things to do in London Travel Victorian Vintage Waterloo Westminster What's On Guide