The glorious hot weather we’ve had over the past few weeks have made for some stunning sunsets. Last night, I was out with a few friends enjoying some alfresco drinking in Greenwich and couldn’t resist the draw of the River Thames as the sun prepared to go to bed. I took this photo with my cameraphone, so admittedly not as good as it could have been if I remembered my camera! However, the combination of still water, clouds, the colours and silhouette of The Shard in the distance made for a stunning scene.
Memoirs of a Metro Girl is a blog for residents and visitors to London, featuring what’s on guides, reviews, events, history and the odd travel piece.
- The giant Earth sculpture ‘Gaia’ is returning to the Painted Hall
- White Hart Dock | Boat sculptures pay tribute to a lost riverside hub
- Old Royal Naval College to reopen with workshops, history tours and foodie treats
- Victoria House in Whitefriars | An unusual blend of 19th century architecture
- Oscar Wilde’s London: Discover the playwright’s haunts
- Step inside Whitehall’s jewel: The Foreign and Commonwealth Office building
- Have you spotted the ceramic bakers of Spitalfields? #ttot memoirsofametrogirl.com/2018/01/04/12-… 2 hours ago
- Explore Oscar Wilde's London memoirsofametrogirl.com/2021/02/11/osc… 4 hours ago
- The story of the London's 'lost' Effra River memoirsofametrogirl.com/2020/11/05/the… 13 hours ago
Most read today
Most photographs and text on this page are © Memoirs Of A Metro Girl, unless otherwise stated.
DO NOT COPY WITHOUT SEEKING PERMISSION FIRST.
- Follow Memoirs Of A Metro Girl on WordPress.com
Tags19th century Carnaby Street cinema City of London cocktails Covent Garden East End eating foodie Georgian half-term ice skating immersive immersive theatre installation literature live music Mayfair Open House London Piccadilly Pop up River Thames school holidays sculpture Shoreditch Sir Christopher Wren Soho South Bank Spitalfields St James street furniture subterranean The Vaults Things to do in London Travel Victorian Vintage Waterloo Westminster What's On Guide