Just posting a rare photo post to the blog following a lovely summer sky in London last night. After spending Saturday outside in the park with friends, we were a bit disappointed by the frequent cloud cover throughout the day. Of course, clouds and sunshine usually means for gorgeous sunsets so we were rewarded later on. Here’s a view from Tower Bridge looking east down the River Thames featuring silhouettes of various London landmarks, such as the BT Tower, St Paul’s Cathedral and Cannon Street station.
Memoirs of a Metro Girl is a blog for residents and visitors to London, featuring what’s on guides, reviews, events, history and the odd travel piece.
- A decade of Memoirs of a Metro Girl!
- Celebrate the Queen’s Platinum Jubilee at Wembley Park at the Jubilee Dance Party
- Guide to what’s on in London in May 2022
- Guide to what’s on in London in April 2022
- Exploring the stories behind the art | Inspired! exhibition launches at Guildhall Art Gallery
- Guide to what’s on in London in March 2022
- The story behind the lost Egyptian Hall in Piccadilly #history memoirsofametrogirl.com/2020/06/19/egy… 22 hours ago
- Follow in the footsteps of #Shakespeare around London memoirsofametrogirl.com/2019/09/17/wil… 2 days ago
- This East London mural tells the story of a historical battle #art memoirsofametrogirl.com/2017/04/02/bat… 2 days ago
Most read today
Most photographs and text on this page are © Memoirs Of A Metro Girl, unless otherwise stated.
DO NOT COPY WITHOUT SEEKING PERMISSION FIRST.
- Follow Memoirs Of A Metro Girl on WordPress.com
Tags19th century 1920s Carnaby Street cinema City of London cocktails Covent Garden East End eating foodie Georgian half-term Halloween ice skating immersive immersive theatre installation literature live music Mayfair Open House London pantomime photography Piccadilly Pop up River Thames school holidays sculpture Soho South Bank Spitalfields St James street furniture Things to do in London Travel Victorian Vintage Waterloo Westminster What's On Guide