Just posting a rare photo post to the blog following a lovely summer sky in London last night. After spending Saturday outside in the park with friends, we were a bit disappointed by the frequent cloud cover throughout the day. Of course, clouds and sunshine usually means for gorgeous sunsets so we were rewarded later on. Here’s a view from Tower Bridge looking east down the River Thames featuring silhouettes of various London landmarks, such as the BT Tower, St Paul’s Cathedral and Cannon Street station.
Memoirs of a Metro Girl is a blog for residents and visitors to London, featuring what’s on guides, reviews, events, history and the odd travel piece.
- Serpentine Pavilion 2021: Counterspace’s tribute to London’s community spaces
- Leadenhall Market celebrates 700 years with a series of free events
- Guide to what’s on in London in July 2021
- Shop back in time as the Classic Car Boot Sale returns to King’s Cross
- Open-air cinema, EURO 2020 football, live music and art as Summer of Play launches at Wembley Park
- Guide to what’s on in London in June 2021
- Explore #CharlesDickens London memoirsofametrogirl.com/2014/02/08/cha… 8 hours ago
- I thought most London councils were broke after Covid? What a waste of money standard.co.uk/news/london/vi… 14 hours ago
- The story behind Spitalfields' most photographed house memoirsofametrogirl.com/2020/04/12/4-p… 15 hours ago
Most read today
Most photographs and text on this page are © Memoirs Of A Metro Girl, unless otherwise stated.
DO NOT COPY WITHOUT SEEKING PERMISSION FIRST.
- Follow Memoirs Of A Metro Girl on WordPress.com
Tags19th century Carnaby Street cinema City of London cocktails Covent Garden East End eating foodie Georgian half-term ice skating immersive immersive theatre installation literature live music Mayfair Open House London photography Piccadilly Pop up River Thames school holidays sculpture Sir Christopher Wren Soho South Bank Spitalfields St James street furniture subterranean The Vaults Things to do in London Travel Victorian Vintage Waterloo Westminster What's On Guide