I haven’t done a ‘Photo Friday’ post for a long time but took this photo with my camera phone this week and wanted to share it. While I’m not a fan of the cold weather, the cooler temperatures do often make for clearer skies. I visited the National Gallery after work earlier this week and was distracted by the stunning light in the sky as I left the building. As the sun went down, the lights gradually started to come on as the city starts to twinkle. I see this as a quintessential London scene, with people meandering around the square, buses and taxis whizzing past and the monuments such as the Houses of Parliament and Nelson’s Column standing tall against the sky.
Memoirs of a Metro Girl is a blog for residents and visitors to London, featuring what’s on guides, reviews, events, history and the odd travel piece.
- London hosts thought-provoking sculpture trails for The World Reimagined
- Gallery: Floral tributes to Queen Elizabeth II in Green Park
- Take a walk on the arty side as Sculpture in the City launches free tours to mark Sculpture Week London
- Guide to what’s on in London in September 2022
- Zoetropes, rainbow foam and flying hammocks | Greenwich + Docklands International Festival is back for 2022
- Guide to what’s on in London in August 2022
- NEW ON THE BLOG: New #art trail explores the legacy of the transatlantic slave trade memoirsofametrogirl.com/2022/09/20/wor… 8 hours ago
- Explore the stories which inspired many artworks at Guildhall's latest exhibition #art memoirsofametrogirl.com/2022/03/22/ins… 1 day ago
- NEW ON THE BLOG: New #art trail explores the legacy of the transatlantic slave trade memoirsofametrogirl.com/2022/09/20/wor… 2 days ago
- Join 978 other followers
Most read today
Most photographs and text on this page are © Memoirs Of A Metro Girl, unless otherwise stated.
DO NOT COPY WITHOUT SEEKING PERMISSION FIRST.
- Follow Memoirs Of A Metro Girl on WordPress.com
Tags19th century 1920s Carnaby Street cinema City of London cocktails Covent Garden East End eating foodie Georgian half-term Halloween ice skating immersive immersive theatre installation literature live music Mayfair Open House London pantomime photography Piccadilly Pop up River Thames school holidays sculpture Soho South Bank Spitalfields St James street furniture Things to do in London Travel Victorian Vintage Waterloo Westminster What's On Guide