I haven’t done a ‘Photo Friday’ post for a long time but took this photo with my camera phone this week and wanted to share it. While I’m not a fan of the cold weather, the cooler temperatures do often make for clearer skies. I visited the National Gallery after work earlier this week and was distracted by the stunning light in the sky as I left the building. As the sun went down, the lights gradually started to come on as the city starts to twinkle. I see this as a quintessential London scene, with people meandering around the square, buses and taxis whizzing past and the monuments such as the Houses of Parliament and Nelson’s Column standing tall against the sky.
Memoirs of a Metro Girl is a blog for residents and visitors to London, featuring what’s on guides, reviews, events, history and the odd travel piece.
- Try your hand at curling as ‘Club Curling’ pops up at King’s Cross
- Guide to London’s open-air ice rinks this winter 2021/2022
- Middle Temple Gatehouse | Step through a 17th century gateway to London’s legal heartland
- Winterfest returns to Wembley Park for 2021 with ‘Reunited in Light’
- What’s on in London this Halloween 2021
- The Panyer Boy of St Paul’s | What is the story behind this 17th century relic?
- Did you know St James's Park & Greek Park used to be full of cows and milkmaids? #history memoirsofametrogirl.com/2020/05/02/st-… 10 hours ago
- NEW ON THE BLOG: Guide to London's ice rinks #iceskating memoirsofametrogirl.com/2021/10/21/ice… 11 hours ago
- Step onboard a vintage train journey for an immersive #theatre & dining experience The Murdér Express memoirsofametrogirl.com/2020/10/01/the… 12 hours ago
Most read today
Most photographs and text on this page are © Memoirs Of A Metro Girl, unless otherwise stated.
DO NOT COPY WITHOUT SEEKING PERMISSION FIRST.
- Follow Memoirs Of A Metro Girl on WordPress.com
Tags17th century 19th century Carnaby Street cinema City of London cocktails Covent Garden East End eating foodie Georgian half-term Halloween ice skating immersive immersive theatre installation literature live music Mayfair neon Open House London Piccadilly Pop up River Thames school holidays sculpture Soho South Bank Spitalfields St James street furniture The Vaults Things to do in London Travel Victorian Vintage Waterloo Westminster What's On Guide