Happy New Year! A look back on Metro Girl’s 2016 of blogging
Happy New Year! It’s that time of year when we look back and reflect on the past 12 months. Well, it goes without saying that 2016 is going to be one year that stands out in the history books years from now. The huge volume of celebrity deaths, the shock Brexit and Trump results, among other events, have provided plenty of things to talk, lament and worry about.
In terms of my blog, it has continued to grow and the feedback and engagement I get from my audience is encouraging. Every new year since I launched MOAMG back in 2012, I wonder how long I can keep my blog going. Well for now, I am still enjoying it as much as ever and documenting my exploration of my hometown so expect plenty more posts in 2017.
Taking my listings guides out of the equation, here’s Metro Girl’s most popular blog posts of 2016.
- Artist Julian Opie creates new permanent artwork for Carnaby as Lumiere London kicks off
- Revisit the romance and energy of Baz Luhrmann’s Romeo + Juliet with Backyard Cinema
- Beyond The Waterfall: Take a boat trip to a magical cocktail bar at Westfield London this Christmas
- Trade Union review: London’s most versatile day and night destination opens in Wapping
- St Katharine Docks: A hidden oasis in the centre of London
Wishing all my readers a very Happy New Year and see you in 2017 for more London adventures.
Love Metro Girl