Music, dance and giving back at the ‘Art for Love’ Christmas festival at Devonshire Square
December is finally here so the Christmas countdown can really begin. This month, Londoners will be entertained with a festive extravaganza with music, dance, ice skating and more. The ‘Art for Love’ festival will take place in Devonshire Square’s historic Western Courtyard, with lunchtime and after-work performances.
The events are:
- 1 December (12.30pm) : Christmas Wonderland ballet show.
- 7 December (5.30pm) : A Magical Christmas – Traditional Carols Concert by The Capital Arts Children’s Choir and London Cantamusica.
- 8 December (12.30pm) : Magic on Ice – Ice skating show.
- 11 December (6pm) – An evening of carols by the Constanza Chorus.
- 14 December (5.30pm) – The Deep End of Sound by Composer Alberto Ferro.
- 15 December (5pm) – Violins and Butterflies Christmas Show: LED Violins concert and illuminated butterfly ballerinas.
- 16 December (6.30pm) – Zalon Live in concert with his band.
- 19 December (5pm) – Saxophonist Aaron Liddard and his band The Argonauts live in concert.
Of course, Christmas is all about the spirit of giving so Devonshire Square will be teaming up with homeless charity The Connection to grant Christmas wishes and raise money for an important cause. Taking centre stage will be the Christmas Giving Tree, featuring wishes written on paper hearts. You can help them come true by writing ‘honoured’ on them and pledging to make that special request a reality. Surrounding the trees will be the stunning ‘Twilight Trees’ installation by artist Susie Reid, featuring sparkling cherry trees covered in illuminated blossom.
Amidst all the entertainment and festive fun will be plenty of restaurant and bars in the square if you’re feeling peckish, including Mac & Wild, Cinnamon Kitchen and Pitt Cue. Located in the City of London, just a short walk from Liverpool Street or Spitalfields Market, Devonshire Square is a historic business and entertainment quarter, dating back to the 18th century.
- Art For Love Christmas Festival takes place from 1-19 December 2017. At Devonshire Square (Western Courtyard), City of London, EC2M. Nearest stations: Liverpool Street or Aldgate. For more information, visit the Devonshire Square website.
For a guide to what else is on in London in December, click here.
Posted on 1 Dec 2017, in Christmas, Entertainment, Festivals, London, Music and tagged ballet, Christmas, December 2017, Devonshire Square, ice skating, live music, London. Bookmark the permalink. 1 Comment.