Happy Christmas to my readers (and a few tips if you’re staying put in the capital)
Wishing all Memoirs Of A Metro Girl readers a Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!
Wow, what a year! Here we are again, it’s Christmas Eve and we’re all ready for some down time to relax. If you are working over Christmas, I feel your pain, I’ve worked Christmas Day before and it’s tough working while getting major FOMO.
It’s that time of year when London gets the quietest it can. A mass exodus leaves the capital’s population dramatically shrunken with many bars, restaurants and shops closing up for days. I was out having Christmas drinks with some friends last night and was loving how quiet it was and easy to get a seat everywhere we went.
Wishing all my readers a merry Christmas and hope you’re having a good one wherever you are. I’ll be having another London Christmas as usual, still no white one is sight.
If you’re staying in the capital over the festive period, here’s a few things on around town if you do venture out:
- Try a spot of ice-skating on one of the capital’s pop-up ice rinks, including one on a rooftop with a view of London’s skyline, Skylight.
- Get merry this Christmas with a festive cocktail from one of these London bars.
- For a general guide to what’s on in December, check out this post.
- Party with Santa’s naughty elves with live music, winter warmers, street food and more at the South Pole Saloon.
- Start planning your New Year’s Eve with my Metro Girl’s guide to the best parties in town.
See you in 2018 for more exploring the capital!