Happy Christmas to my readers (and a few tips if you’re staying put in the capital)
Wishing all Memoirs Of A Metro Girl readers a Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!
Wow, what a year! Here we are again, it’s Christmas Eve and we’re all ready for some down time to relax. If you are working over Christmas, I feel your pain, I’ve worked Christmas Day before and it’s tough working while getting major FOMO.
It’s that time of year when London gets the quietest it can. A mass exodus leaves the capital’s population dramatically shrunken with many bars, restaurants and shops closing up for days. I was out having Christmas drinks with some friends last night and was loving how quiet it was and easy to get a seat everywhere we went.
Wishing all my readers a merry Christmas and hope you’re having a good one wherever you are. I’ll be having another London Christmas as usual, still no white one is sight.
If you’re staying in the capital over the festive period, here’s a few things on around town if you do venture out:
- Try a spot of ice-skating on one of the capital’s pop-up ice rinks, including one on a rooftop with a view of London’s skyline, Skylight.
- Get merry this Christmas with a festive cocktail from one of these London bars.
- For a general guide to what’s on in December, check out this post.
- Party with Santa’s naughty elves with live music, winter warmers, street food and more at the South Pole Saloon.
- Start planning your New Year’s Eve with my Metro Girl’s guide to the best parties in town.
See you in 2018 for more exploring the capital!
Posted on 24 Dec 2017, in Activities, Christmas, London and tagged bloggers. Bookmark the permalink. Comments Off on Happy Christmas to my readers (and a few tips if you’re staying put in the capital).