Celebrate women artists and support womens’ charities with Mount Street Editions by Frieze London
Returning to the capital this October is Frieze London, a contemporary, international art fair. As part of this year’s event, Frieze London is collaborating with Mount Street to commission four leading female artists to produce limited edition prints. Throughout Frieze Week (4-7 October 2018), a pop-up customised vehicle on Mount Street will be selling 100 prints daily. The collaboration is inspired by the Frieze’s new Social Work section, which celebrates female artists who fought to be recognised in the male-dominated art market during the 1980s.
The artists taking part are:
– Helen Cammock, winner of 2018 MaxMara Prize for Women’s Art.
– France-Lise McGurn, whose wall painting was a highlight of the recent Virginia Woolf exhibition at Tate St Ives.
– Renee So, knitting and ceramic artist.
– Zadie Xa, whose work is on view at MoMA PS1 and is also presenting at Frieze London 2018.
Money raised from the sales will go towards two UK charities, Dress For Success and the Young Women’s Trust. Dress For Success economically empowers women by providing them with a support network, while the Young Women’s Trust assists young women aged 16-30 struggling to live on the poverty line in England and Wales.
Each unique commission will be revealed before the pop-up launch, with the location and timings of the vehicle being listed on the Frieze London’s social media channels. An edition of a different artist’s print will be revealed every day throughout the fair, priced at £50 per print.
Meanwhile, Mount Street’s fashion and lifestyle boutiques and stores will be supporting women in art during the fair.
- Frieze London takes place at Regents’ Park from 4-7 October 2018. The Mount Street Editions by Frieze London will be sold in a moving pop-up on Mount Street, Mayfair, W1. Nearest station: Marble Arch or Bond Street. For more information, visit the Frieze London website.
For the latest guide to what’s on in London, click here.
Posted on 11 Sep 2018, in art, Festivals, Shopping and tagged charity, Mayfair. Bookmark the permalink. Comments Off on Celebrate women artists and support womens’ charities with Mount Street Editions by Frieze London.