Where to find some Christmas cheer – guide to London’s festive pop-ups and Christmas cocktails
Christmas is fast approaching and there’s a host of festive pop-ups opening around London. Here’s a guide to the capital’s Christmassy bars and terraces, as well as some of the seasonal cocktails on offer at some of the regular bars.
Around the capital, a host of festive experiences are popping up around the capital. A host of London’s top bars have curated special festive cocktail menus. From Christmas pop-up bars and cosy terraces to winter wonderlands, here’s the best places to have festive fun.
Many London bars and restaurants have created special festive cocktails for the Christmas period, available for a limited time only. Here’s some of London’s top Christmas concoctions.
- The Lobby Bar @ One Aldwych
The Lobby Bar at the luxury One Aldwych hotel has created five Christmas cocktails to sip while looking at their 25ft amazing Snow Dome Christmas Tree. Father Negroni (Beefeater 24 gin, Cinnamon Campari and Antica Formula); Jungle Bells (Havana Club 7, Angostura Reduction, Lime Juice, Sugar Syrup and Crème Des Prunelles); Mulled Berries (Tequila Altos Silver, Mulled Wine, Agave Syrup, Lime Juice and Pedrino Tonic); Rose Stardust (Absolut Elix, Raspberry and Rose Shrub, Orange Juice, Disaronno Amaretto, Grapefruit Juice and Rose Lemonade); and Warm Gift (Maker’s Mark, Double Cream, Mozart Dark Chocolate, Vanilla Syrup, Pedro Ximénez, Frangelico, Vanilla Bitters and Tabasco).
– One Aldwych, 1 Aldwych, Covent Garden, WC2B 4BZ. Nearest stations: Covent Garden or Temple. For more information, visit the One Aldwych website.
- The Little Blue Door
‘The Flatmates’ are hosting festive feasts throughout December with a host of cocktail specials. Featuring the Mince Pie Martinis served with mini mince pies and EggNog Whiskey Flips with Grated Nutmeg. Check out Metro Girl’s review on The Little Blue Door.
– The Little Blue Door, 871-873 Fulham Road, Fulham, SW6 5HP. Nearest station: Parsons Green. For more information, visit the The Little Blue Door website.
- Dirty Martini
The sleek bar chain has created a special festive menu, available at its seven central London locations. Includes The Bellringer (Amaretto Disaronno, cranberry juice, blood orange syrup, topped with Prosecco); Grinch’s Espresso Martini (Absolut Vodka, Kahlua, DM Homemade Christmas Syrup, Fresh Espresso, Chocolate Bitters, Gingerbread Foam); and Santa’s Punch (Ketel One Oranje Vodka, Bold Liqueur, Pimento Dram, DM Homemade Xmas Syrup. Fresh Pomegranate Juice, Lime Juice, Orange Bitters). All £9.50.
– Dirty Martini, branches at Bishopsgate, Covent Garden, Hanover Square, Islington, Minories, Monument and St Paul’s.
Dockside restaurant and bar Bōkan have created a special festive drink to enjoy along with the views of the City. The Hot Mulled Sloe cocktail incorporates Sipsmith gin, spice mulled cloudy apple juice and a slice of orange. £9.
– Bōkan, (Floor 37-39), 40 Marsh Wall, Canary Wharf, E14 9TP. Nearest station: Canary Wharf. For more information, visit the Bokan website.
- Cantina Laredo
Mexican restaurant Cantina Laredo has created a quirky festive cocktail – Brussel Sprout infused margaritas – to accompany their ultimate festive feasting menus.
– Cantina Laredo, 10 Upper St Martin’s Lane, Covent Garden, WC2H 9FB. Nearest station: Covent Garden or Leicester Square. For more information, visit Cantina Laredo’s website.
There’s a host of Christmas pop-ups in London this season. Expect plenty of hot booze, comfort food, fake snow, Christmas trees and sparkling lights.
- 6 November – 24 December : The Winter Forest
Seasonal pop-up returns to Broadgate Circle in the City of London. Featuring 300 snow-covered pine trees, twinkling lights, cosy wood cabins, live music, festive quiz nights (Mons), craft classes, Father Christmas, art exhibition and plenty of hot food and drink. Free.
– Broadgate Circle, Broadgate, EC2. Nearest station: Liverpool Street. For more information, visit The Broadgate website.
- 7 November – 28 February 2019 : The Chalet @ Madison
St Paul’s rooftop bar Madison’s terrace has been given a cosy winter makeover. Featuring wooden chalet, twinkling lights, cosy blankets, warming heaters and warming cocktail menu. Check out Metro Girl’s review of Madison’s winter terrace.
– Madison, rooftop terrace, 1 New Change, City of London, EC4M 9AF. Nearest station: St Paul’s. For more information, visit the Madison London website.
- 8 November – 29 December : Veuve Clicquot Pop-Up Winter Terrace
A luxury airstream champagne bar along with a winter terrace has popped up by the arches of the St Pancras Renaissance Hotel. Expect Christmas trees, Veuve Clicquot champagne, fluffy blankets and visiting carol singers.
– Veuve Clicquot Pop-Up Winter Terrace, St Pancras Renaissance Hotel, Euston Road, NW1 2AR. Nearest station: King’s Cross St Pancras. For more information, visit the St Pancras London website.
- 8 November – 23 February 2019 : Winterland
Discover an alpine paradise by the River Thames. Expect heated winter lodges, fire pits, igloos, karaoke booth, Beer pong, Boogie Nights lodge, curling, DJs, hot cocktails, comfort food and more. Open Tues-Fri 6pm-11pm, Sat 12pm-11pm, Sun 12pm-8pm. Entry: £5pp.
– Neverland, Wandsworth Bridge Road, Fulham, SW6 2TY. Nearest station: Wandsworth Town. For more information, visit the Winterland website.
- 10 November and throughout December : Narnia @ Savage Garden
Step inside a covered terrace inspired by the White Forest of Narnia. Including hot and cold Narnia-inspired cocktails (Magical Martini, Absolutely Aslan, The Long Winter and Tumnus’s Tea), the White Witch’s throne, fairy lights, bookable igloos (From £25pp), faux fur rugs and views of the City from the 12th floor.
– Savage Garden, 7 Pepys Street, Tower Hill, EC3N 4AF. Nearest station: Tower Hill or Fenchurch Street. For more information, visit the Savage Garden website.
- 14 November – 13 January 2019 : Montague Ski Lodge
Step into a magical ski lodge; with pine trees, snow, reindeer, snowmen, and fairy lights and lanterns. The bar serves hot chocolate cocktails, mulled wine, hot mulled cider, Schnapps and flavoured vodkas.
– The Montague Hotel, 15 Montague Street, Bloomsbury, WC1B 5BJ. Nearest station: Russell Square or Holborn. For more information, visit The Montague hotel website.
- 15 November – January 2019 : Narnia @ Bluebird Chelsea
The courtyard at Bluebird Chelsea has been given a festive makeover with three wooden chalets decked out in faux fur, snowy Christmas trees and magical lanterns. Drink and dine in the heated chalets on fondue, apple pie and boozy hot chocolate. The winter cocktail menu features warming concoctions such as The Edmond, Tumnus Tipple, The Aslan Roar, and the White Witch Martini. Chalets seat up to 8 people.
– Bluebird Chelsea, 350 King’s Road, Chelsea, SW3 5UU. Nearest stations: South Kensington. For more information and booking, visit the Bluebird Chelsea website.
- 16 November and throughout December : The Winter Garden @ Old Bengal Bar
The Old Bengal Bar has transformed their outdoor terrace into a cosy winter garden. Expect lanterns, candles, twinkling lights and beautiful floral installations, with the bar serving St Germain cocktails.
– Old Bengal Bar @ New Street Warehouse, 16 New Street, City of London, EC2M 4TR. Nearest station: Liverpool Street. For more information, visit the Old Bengal Bar website.
- 21 November – 1 February 2019 : French Winter Village
The Langham Hotel are teaming up with Grey Goose to create a winter paradise in their courtyard garden. Expect hot and cold Grey Goose vodka cocktails, Christmas tree, festive food from the woodfire, heaters, cosy blankets and more. Open Wed-Sat 4pm–10pm. Minimum spend of £60pp (for bookings between 6-60 people).
– The Langham Hotel, 1c Portland Place, Regent Street, W1B 1JA. Nearest station: Oxford Circus. For more information, visit The Langham website.
- 22 November – 22 December : Winter Bloom Pop-up
French elderflower liqueur St-Germain is hosting a Winter Bloom Pop Up featuring hands-on festive workshops, Christmas flower boutique and seasonal St-Germain bar serving winter warmers and cocktails.
– Winter Bloom, 33 Floral Street, Covent Garden, WC2E 9DJ. Nearest station: Covent Garden or Leicester Square. For more information, visit the St Germain Facebook page.
- 26 November – 30 December : Hunter’s Lodge @ Aster
Aster’s deli is being transformed into a hunting lodge in partnership with Macallan and Laphroaig Whiskies. Expect sheepskin blankets, warming drinks, festive snacks and mounted deer heads. The lodge will serve whisky cocktails along with mulled wine and alcoholic hot chocolate.
– Aster, 150 Victoria Street, Westminster, SW1E 5LB. Nearest station: Victoria. For more information, visit the Aster website.
- 29 – 30 November : The Botanist Frozen Foraged Garden
The Botanist Gin are hosting a floral ice walled pop-up bar for two nights only. The winter wonderland will feature cosy blankets and a bar serving classic and seasonal cocktails made with The Botanist gin. Guests can chip off their own ice cube for their cocktail from the ice wall.
– The Botanist’s Frozen Foraged Garden, Finsbury Avenue Square, Broadgate, City of London, EC2. Nearest station: Liverpool Street.
- 29 November – late December : Winter on the Terrace
South Place Hotel have teamed up with Cointreau to transform their 3Bar terrace into a winter wonderland. Walk through an ornate orange and gold archway into a cosy festive pop-up. Expect mince pies and winter cocktails such as Cointreau Mulled Cider (Cointreau, fresh lime juice, cider, star anise, cloves and garnished with cinnamon, orange and apple); Hot Berry Margarita (Cointreau, Olmeca Silver, raspberries, lime, and red chilli); Queen of Dreams (Cointreau Blood Orange, The Botanist Gin, Herbs de Provence, and rosé wine reduction with grapefruit and lime); Royal Alexander (Cointreau, Rémy Martin 1738 Royal Accord, dark chocolate liqueur, and cream); and Christmas Fizz (Cointreau, pear, lime, and cinnamon and Fever Tree soda). Cocktails range from £8-£12.50.
– 3 Bar, South Place Hotel, 3 South Place, City of London, EC2M 2AF. Nearest station: Moorgate or Liverpool Street. For more information, visit the South Place Hotel website.
- The Glenfiddich’s Winter Forest @ Mac & Wild
Scottish restaurant have launched a Winter Forest in their Devonshire Square terrace. Expect a firepit, fur blankets, tweed rugs, twinkling lights and cocktails from Glenfiddich whisky, featuring Glenfiddich Drams, Hot Toddies and Foraged Old Fashioneds. If you’re feeling peckish, you can snack on Mac & Wild Scotch Egg, Haggis Pops, Christmas Burger, Pigs in Blankets, Festive Fries and Whisky Infused Toasted Marshmallows. 2-4-1 Old Fashioneds and Hot Toddies every Tues-Fri 4pm-6pm.
– Mac & Wild, Devonshire Square, City of London, EC2M 4YN. Nearest station: Liverpool Street. For more information, visit Mac & Wild’s website.
- 7 – 22 December : Baileys Treat Bar
The Irish cream supremoes are bringing their Baileys Treat Bar pop-up back to London for a second year running. The bar serves latte and hot chocolate cocktails, such as Reindeer, Salted Caramel Espresso Martini, Latte, Vegan Hot Chocolate, as well as custom lattes and hot chocolates.
– 9-11 Shorts Gardens, Covent Garden, WC2H 9AT. Nearest station: Covent Garden or Leicester Square. Open 12pm-10pm. For more information, visit the Baileys website.
To find out what’s on in London in January 2019, click here.
For a guide to London’s outdoor ice rinks this festive and winter season, click here.