Will you ‘brie’ there? An Evening Of Cheese returns to Borough Market
Returning to Borough Market this December is the hugely popular celebration of cheese. With Londoners planning their festive cheeseboard, this is a great place to get inspiration for your next special dinner. This annual late-night shopping event offers Londoners than chance to meet over 20 of the market’s cheesemongers and explore a huge range of cow, goat and sheep’s milk cheese from UK and international producers.
On Wednesday 12 December 2018, ‘An Evening of Cheese’ returns to Borough Market. Expect to see cheese stalls taking over the market, with experts on hand to advise you on your festive cheese needs, including cheese recipes and drink pairings. There will also be a cheese-based cooking demo in the Market Hall’s Demo Kitchen.
Among the world cheeses taking part include:
- Drumlin – Heritage Cheese (Ireland).
- Oude Beemster Gouda – Borough Cheese Company (Holland).
- Canarejal Cremoso – Brindisa Ltd (Spain).
- Roquefort – Mons Cheesemongers (France).
On the night, market traders will compete in the ‘cracking of the parmesan wheel’, while local choirs and carol singers will bring some Christmas cheer.
- An Evening Of Cheese takes place on 12 December 2018 from 6pm-9pm. At Borough Market, 8 Southwark Street, SE1 1TL. Nearest station: London Bridge. Free entry. For more information, visit the Borough Market website.
- Borough Market is open every day during the Christmas period from 5 December until 4pm on Christmas Eve – including Sundays.
To find out what’s on in London in December, click here.