Happy New Year! A look back on blogging in 2018
Happy New Year! In the last few days of 2018, many of us have been taking stock of what has happened in the past 12 months. I’m definitely ready for a new year to begin, although with some trepidation with how Brexit will change the UK and our economy.
I’ve been able to devote a lot more time to my blog this year so have enjoyed delving into some history of some lesser known London buildings. Going forward with my blog in 2019, expect to see more restaurant and bar reviews, history pieces, what’s on guide and more exploring of my hometown.
Taking my what’s on guides out of the equation, here are Metro Girl’s most popular blog posts of 2018.
- Is this London’s skinniest house? The story behind 5 Thurloe Square
- Explore the swinging sixties with the My Generation exhibition at Carnaby
- William Blake finally honoured with a gravestone at his final resting place
- Holland House: A pioneering office block in the City of London
- Long Acre’s horsey history and the story behind the Carriage Manufactory
Wishing all my readers a very Happy New Year and see you in 2019 for more London adventures.
P.S. If you still haven’t sorted your New Year’s Eve plans, check out my guide on where to see in 2019.