Where to celebrate Burns’ Night 2019 in London
A guide to London’s best Burns’ Night events
A cold January night is the perfect time to tuck into some hearty Scottish fare and a dram or two of whisky. January 25 is an annual festivity to mark the birthday of Scottish poet Robert ‘Robbie’ Burns, who died in 1796. Traditionally, people feast on soup, haggis, tatties and neeps, washed down with lots of whisky to celebrate his life and poetry. With a host of Scots living in London, there are tons of Burns’ Night celebrations.
- Burns’ Dinner and Music @ Boisdale Mayfair (22 – 26 January)
Scottish restaurant chain Boisdale will be hosting a series of Burns evenings, featuring four-course meals and matching wines and whisky with live bagpiper. Menus £74.50pp.
– Boisdale, 12 North Row, Mayfair, W1K 7DF. Nearest station: Marble Arch. For more information, visit the Boisdale website.
- Week Of Burns @ Mac & Wild (22 – 28 January)
Scottish eaterie Mac & Wild will be celebrating with a whole week of Burns inspired menu and events at their two London locations. Including a Silent Ceilidh (25 Jan), Haggis Making Masterclasses and Burns’ Night tasting menu. Foods on offer include the Haggis, Neeps and Tatties Burger and Deep-Fried Mars Bars.
– Mac & Wild Fitzrovia: 65 Great Titchfield Street, W1W 7PS (Nearest station: Oxford Circus) or Mac & Wild City: 9A Devonshire Square, City of London, EC2M 4YN (Nearest station: Liverpool Street). For booking and more information, visit the Mac & Wild website. Check out Metro Girl’s review of Mac & Wild.
- Burns’ Night Supper @ Cub (25 January)
Progressive Hebridean Distillers (PHD) will be showcasing their Port Charlotte Whisky and The Botanist Gin at Cub. Guests will enjoy a Burns-inspired 10 course set menu of 5 dishes and 5 drinks. Tickets: £75pp.
– Cub, 153 Hoxton Street, Hoxton, N1 6PJ. Nearest stations: Old Street or Hoxton. For more information, visit LyanCub.com.
- Bobby Burns Party @ The Little Blue Door (25 January)
The flatmates from The Little Blue Door are teaming up with Scottish foodies Mac & Wild, Islay legends Port Charlotte Whisky and The Botanist Gin are hosting a Robbie Burns’ party. Featuring complimentary drinks and Haggis Pops. Dress code: Tart or tartan. From 7pm-1am.
– The Little Blue Door, 871-873 Fulham Road, Fulham, SW6 5HP. Nearest station: Parsons Green. For more information, visit The Little Blue Door Facebook page. Check out Metro Girl’s review of The Little Blue Door.
- Burns’ Night @ Nine Lives (25 January)
Nine Lives bar are hosting a bespoke cocktail and food pairing experience for Burns’ Night. Chef Chris Evans-Gordon will be creating food paired menu alongside cocktails from Glenfiddich 21 year. From 5pm-late.
- Mr Fogg’s Burns’ Night (25 January)
Mr Fogg’s Residence in Mayfair will be hosting an evening of Scottish revelry, featuring the house Ceilidh band, a toast to Robbie Burns with a dram of Glenfiddich whisky and poetry recitals. 7pm-10pm. Free, but table reservations advised.
– Mr Fogg’s Residence, 15 Bruton Lane, Mayfair, W1J 6JD. Nearest station: Green Park. For more information, visit the Mr Fogg’s website.
- Burns’ Night Supper @ Bluebird Chelsea (25 January)
Bluebird Chelsea hosts an evening of poetry, dancing and Scottish highland classics. Executive Chef Simon Gregory has created a one-off three-course Scottish menu for the night, featuring Cullen Skink, smoked haddock and potato soup, Roast Dumfriesshire Haggis Neeps & Tatties, crushed swede and potato and dessert of Cranachan Cheesecake made with raspberries, toasted Scottish oats and whiskey cream.
– Bluebird Chelsea, 350 King’s Road, Chelsea, SW3 5UU. Nearest station: South Kensington. For more information, visit the Bluebird Chelsea website.
- Burns’ Night Closing Weekend Bash @ Skylight (25 January)
Winter rooftop destination Skylight are hosting a Burns’ Night party to coincide with their closing weekend of the season. Featuring Glenfiddich arrival cocktail, live Bag Pipers, Highland Dancer performance, Whisky tasting sessions, Piping of the Haggis and the ‘Ode to Haggis’ by Robby Burns, special Glenfiddich drinks and DJs. 5pm-11pm. Tickets from £3.
– Skylight, Tobacco Quay (Pennington Street entrance), Wapping, E1CW 2SF. Nearest station: Shadwell or Wapping. For tickets, visit DesignMyNight.
For a guide to what’s on in London in January, click here.