London Cocktail Week 2019: The best pop-ups and mixology offerings
This year’s extended London Cocktail Week sees more of the capital’s best bars offer £6 cocktails.
October is one of London’s busiest months as its jam-packed with special events and festivals. However, my favourite has to be London Cocktail Week. This year, the mixology extravaganza is celebrating its 10th anniversary so has been extended from the usual seven days to a whopping 10 – lucky us!
To those uninitiated, London Cocktail Week is run by DrinkUp London, who have rounded up some of the capital’s best bars, pubs and restaurants to take part. Across the city, there will be workshops, masterclasses, pairing menus and tastings. This year, the Cocktail Village will be in Brick Lane again, where a host of pop-up bars from your favourite booze brands and drinking destinations will be setting up shop.
To participate, get a £10 pass (on the DrinkUpLdn app) so you can enjoy special, bespoke LCW cocktails for just £6 each from hundreds of participating bars across the capital. You can also find details of workshops, tastings and special events to further explore.
- 1 – 5 October : The Botanist Gin and Hunter Gather Cook
The Botanist Gin’s brand ambassador Abigail Clephane is teaming up with Nick Weston to create special pairing menus. A series of Wild Dinners will take guests on a culinary journey of wild and seasonal dishes paired with foraged gin cocktails. Expect deer, pigeon breast and phesants, with drinks such as Fig Leaf, Nettle Gimlet or Truffle Martini. The evenings will include a five-course meal.
– Carousel, 71 Blandford Street, Marylebone, W1U 8AB. Nearest station: Bond Street, Marble Arch or Baker Street.
- 4 – 13 October : The Little Yellow Door
The flatmates are celebrating LCW at their house party. For those with a LCW pass, you can enjoy the limited-edition Reyka and Cascara Espresso Martini with Reyka Vodka, sweet Cascara Vermouth, Espresso and Coffee Liqueur. Meanwhile, the weekends will be hosting their special brunch parties, including French Toast Jenga.
– The Little Yellow Door, 6-8 All Saints Road, Notting Hill, W11 1HH. Nearest station: Westbourne Park.
- 6 – 13 October : London Cocktail Week House Party Series @ The Sun Tavern and Discount Suit Company
East London destinations The Sun Tavern and Discount Suit Company will be taking part in the LCW House Party Series. Both venues will be teaming up with world-renowned bars from LA to Barcelona, including one of the World’s 50 Best Bars, Limantour.
The Sun Tavern events:
– Present Company X Two Schmucks – Sunday 6 October @ 6pm-1am.
– Yael Vengroff X Christine Wiseman of LA – Monday 7 October @ 6pm-1am.
– Supernova Ballroom X Rino Yacht Club – Wednesday 9 October @ 6pm-1am.
– CW closing party with Tullamore Dew – Sunday 13 October @ 6pm-late.
Discount Suit Company events:
– Limantour – Tuesday 8 October @ 5pm-1am.
- 7 – 10 October : The Blend by Chivas Regal
Scottish sensations Mac & Wild and Chivas Regal whisky are hosting special masterclass learning about the craftsmanship of the Master Whisky Blender. The guided tasting sessions at their Devonshire Square location will give whisky-fans the story of Chivas Regal and allow them to create their own whisky to take home with UK Brand Ambassador Phil Huckle. You can enjoy the Mac & Wild LCW offering, the 20th Century Highball with Chivas Regal 12yo Scotch, Creme de Cacao, Lemon, Chocolate bitters and topped with soda, at both locations.
Tickets: £20. Event from 6.30pm. For tickets, visit the Chivas website.
– Mac & Wild, Great Titchfield Street, Fitzrovia, W1W 7PS. Nearest station: Goodge Street, Oxford Circus or Tottenham Court Road. Mac & Wild, 9A Devonshire Square, City of London, EC2M 4YN. Nearest station: Liverpool Street.
- 9 – 13 October : Fentiman’s 360 Virtual Reality Bar @ Cocktail Village
Fentimans is partnering with tiki bar Laki Kane for a special pop-up at the London Cocktail Week Cocktail Village. They will be serving a selection of rum cocktails for just £6 (to LCW pass holders) using Fentimans Tropical Soda, Ginger Beer and Curiosity Cola. The 360-degree bamboo beach bar will whisk you back to summer, with virtual reality headsets, sunlight heaters and real sand to relax in while sipping one of their tropical concoctions.
– LCW Cocktail Village, 146 Brick Lane, Spitalfields, E1 6RU. Nearest stations: Shoreditch High Street or Liverpool Street.
For a guide to what else is on in London this October, click here.