Creative cocktails, Japanese snacks and blossom backdrops at Mr Fogg’s Winter Light Festival
A special new winter experience has arrived at Mr Fogg’s Gin Parlour and Tavern. The Winter Light Festival launched on 23 October and runs until 24 November 2019. The neighbouring venues of the Gin Parlour and Tavern have transformed into a Japanese-inspired, illuminated oasis, serving House of Suntory cocktails and tasty fusion cuisine.
Visitors will be brought on a sensory journey to the Far East, with sights, tastes and sounds of Japan. After walking through a red Torii, guests can grab a chair and enjoy the photogenic, pink Japanese blossom surrounding the bar. Alternatively, you can follow the lantern trail upstairs to the Gin Parlour.
The two menus features Japanese-inspired cocktails made with Toki whisky, Haku vodka and Roku gin.
- Mr Fogg’s Tavern have created a menu themed around locations in Japan:
– YAGOSHIMA (£10): Suntory Roku gin, Bergamot Liqueur, Fermented Cucumber Juice, Sichuan Pepper Syrup, Egg White and Cherry Bitters.
– OSAKA: Suntory Haku Vodka, Coffee Bean-infused Alipús San Andrés Mezcal, homemade Jasmin Syrup and Coffee flavoured White Tea.
– KYOTO (£10): Suntory Toki Whisky, Elderflower Cordial, Lemon Juice and topped with Ginger Ale.
– KANPAI (£20 / £38) Punch Cocktail (two to four sharing): Suntory Roku Gin, Green Tea & Hibiscus Liqueur, Lavender Syrup, Pink Grapefruit Juice topped with Fentimans Oriental Yuzu Tonic Water.
- Mr Fogg’s Gin Parlour’s menu features drinks named after Japanese festivals:
– KINGDOM OF LIGHT (£13): Suntory Roku gin, Luxardo Bitter Bianco, Kishinamien Umeshu Plum Sake and rhubarb bitters.
– SHINJIRO’S SECRET ( £13): Suntory Roku gin, balsamic glaze blend, lime juice and sugar.
– HARVEST MOON (£13): Suntory Roku gin, bergamot liqueur, green apple syrup, pomegranate juice and cherry bitters.
Meanwhile, if you’re feeling peckish, there’s a delicious selection of Japanese bar snacks. Accompany your cocktails with Edamame Beans with Chilli and Garlic Salt; Chicken Gyozas served with a Soy Sauce; or Tuna Sashimi Pizza topped with Wasabi Mayo, Pickled Shallots and truffle oil.
- The Winter Light Festival is on until 24 November 2019. At Mr Fogg’s Tavern, 58 St Martin’s Lane, Covent Garden, WC2N 4EA. Mr Fogg’s Gin Parlour, 1 New Row, WC2N 4EA. Nearest stations: Leicester Square. For more information, visit Mr Fogg’s website.
For a guide to what else is on in London this November, click here.