Merry Christmas to MoaMG readers | What’s on in London if you’re staying put
A round-up of what’s on in London during the 2021 festive period.
Just a short blog post to wish readers of Memoirs of a Metro Girl a safe and Merry Christmas and a happy New Year! As the pandemic continues to rumble on, some people may be isolating over the festive period or scaling down their plans – I am certainly doing the latter.
If you’re like me and are staying in the London over the Christmas and New Year period, there are still plenty of events and activities on around town to keep you entertained. Of course, many venues may have amended their Covid-19 precautions, such as limiting numbers, requiring masks and asking for proof of vaccination or negative tests. Other venues have decided to close as well so always check their websites or social media accounts before heading out.
Here’s some ideas of what’s on in London during Christmas and New Year:
– Follow the Illuminature lights trail around the London Wetlands Centre in Barnes
– Fans of the Fab Four can check out unseen photographs of The Beatles at the Shapero Modern gallery in Mayfair.
– Check out the Winterfest light festival in Wembley.
– Try out a spot of curling in King’s Cross.
– Head to the theatre to watch one of the capital’s pantomimes, ballets or other festive shows.
– Enjoy the contemporary art at the Sculpture in the City exhibition in the City of London.
– Go skating on one of London’s outdoor ice rinks.
– Peruse the eclectic art at the last few days of the Summer Exhibition at the Royal Academy.
– Bring your kids to pose with their favourite movie heroes at the Scenes in the Square trail in Leicester Square.
Stay safe and enjoy the festive period!