Christmas is that time of year to ditch the diet and indulge your sweet tooth. This festive season, chocolate lovers will be in for a treat with a new pop-up experience from Ferrero Rocher.
Following their successful dessert experience last Christmas, the Italian chocolatier is bringing a taste exploration to Westfield London. Launching on 1 December, the Ferrero Rocher: Behind the Layers will take guests on a multi-sensory tasting experience. Participants will sample delicious mini-desserts inspired by the five layers of Ferrero Rocher. The different flavours will be enriched by powerful light projections, music and motion.
Guests will start their journey in the golden bar and lounge, where they discover a drink menu created by the mixologists from Liquid Chefs. Next, they will take their seats to progress to the multi-sensory dessert experience. Visitors will watch their mini-desserts being hand-made in the spectacular setting. Chef Paul Hannagen has devised the special dessert menu, each creation inspired by the layers of a Ferrero Rocher – hazelnut, chocolate wafer and gold.
Following their experience, guests will be able to visit the on-site shop to buy Ferrero Rocher, which can be accompanied by personalised calligraphy labels for your loved ones. The bar will also be open to all those who haven’t been able to get tickets to the main event.
- Ferrero Rocher: Behind The Layers takes place on 1-17 December 2017. At Westfield London, Shepherd’s Bush, W12 7GF. Nearest station: Shepherd’s Bush, Shepherd’s Bush Market or Wood Lane. Open 1pm-10.30pm (last experience 9.30pm). Tickets: £25 (45 minute experience, includes a glass of Prosecco or non-alcoholic beverage). For more information and booking, visit BehindTheLayers.co.uk.
While Christmas is fast becoming a distant memory already, it’s probably a bit premature to be thinking about Easter. However, it’s never too early to think about eating chocolate eggs! This January, a rather exciting pop-up is coming to the capital to lift us out of the winter doldrums.
With Easter approaching, you may have noticed Cadbury Creme Eggs appearing more prominent on shelves in recent days. Fresh from the new Cadbury Creme Egg advert, the travelling Hunting Lodge will be going on tour, with three dates in the capital. Creme egg fans will have the chance to enjoy an immersive chocolate experience.
The Hunting Lodge will feature a display of Creme Egg hunting paraphernalia, the chance for guests to hone their hunting skills and chow down on a range of Creme Egg inspired treats. The cosy outdoor area will feature four choco-tastic dishes for diners to sample, including:
- Gooey Creme Egg S’mores – gooey Creme Egg pieces and a giant marshmallow, sandwiched between two toasted biscuits.
- Creme Egg Hunters’ Hot Choc – Cadbury hot chocolate, with melted Creme Egg added in.
- Creme Egg Forest Fridge Cake – crushed biscuits, nuts and apricots, coated in a thick layer of Cadbury chocolate, topped with Creme Egg pieces.
- Creme Black Forest Toastie – Creme Eggs mixed with black cherries, sandwiched between golden toast.
There will also be a takeaway area for those in a rush, serving Creme Egg S’mores to-go. Meanwhile, 100% of the proceeds at the Lodge will be donated to the Prince’s Trust Charity.
- The Cadbury Creme Egg Hunting Lodge will stop at the Coca-Cola London Eye, Jubilee Gardens, South Bank, SE1 7PB on 27 January (4.50pm-9pm) and 25-26 February 2017 (1.50pm-6pm). The lodge will also be touring Bristol, Birmingham, Leeds and Edinburgh. For more information, visit the Facebook event page, or tweet @CadburyUK using the hashtag #CremeEggHuntingSeason, or booking, check out Eventbrite.
For a guide to what else is on in London in February, click here.
Christmas is one of the best times of the year to be a chocoholic. So fans of the sweet stuff may be a tad excited to hear about a special pop-up coming to London this festive season.
Italian chocolatier Ferrero Rocher are launching a pop-up dessert destination at St Martin’s Courtyard in Covent Garden. Opening on 1 December 2016 for just 10 days, guests will be able to explore the after-dinner chocolate in a multi-layered dining experience at Dolce.
Customers will savour a tasting plate of five mini hand-crafted desserts curated by Cuisson head chef and director Paul Hannagen. Then to finish will be a classic Ferrero Rocher with its smooth combination of chocolate and hazelnut.
- Dolce by Ferrero Rocher, 21 Slingsby Place, St Martin’s Courtyard, Covent Garden, WC2E 9AB. Nearest station: Leicester Square or Covent Garden. Open from 1-11pm. Sessions last 45 minutes: £10 for walk-ins and £15 for pre-booked slots (includes a glass of Prosecco). For more information, visit the Dolce by Ferrero Rocher website.
For a guide to what’s on in London this December, click here.
For a guide to London’s Christmas markets and fairs, click here.
For listings of London’s pop-up ice rinks this festive season, click here.
Chocolate… it’s one of those foods most of us just can’t live without. With National Chocolate Week coming up soon (10-16 October 2016), what better excuse than to delight your sweet tooth with some of the finest cocoa treats.
For those who like their chocolate with a bit of a kick, acclaimed London restaurant The Cinnamon Club is devising a special menu to mark NCW. The Westminster eaterie’s Executive Chef Vivek Singh has teamed up with master chocolatier Paul A Young to create a taste adventure. Three unique chocolates represent a starter, main and dessert. To start, bite into the Lime Pickle Caramel with single origin 64% Madagascan dark chocolate, sea salted caramel, The Cinnamon Club’s lime pickle and a gold leaf flourish. Moving on, the Cumin & Almond Truffle features bitter 66% Grand Cru dark chocolate, sweet almond puree, cumin, coriander seed and is coated with toasted naan crumbs. And to finish, the Paan Truffle includes paan, tobacco, rose petal preserve, condensed milk, peppermint and white chocolate with rose petals. For those with a bigger choco-tite, there will also be a limited-edition dessert of dark chocolate paan and caramel muri bar served with carrot halwa and clover ice cream.
This special menu will be available at the Indian fine dining destination from 10-30 October 2016. Guests who order the Chocolate Week dessert will also be given three Paul A Young truffles to take home.
Meanwhile, Vivek and Paul will also be presenting a collaborative demonstration at The Chocolate Show at Kensington Olympia on 14 October at 5pm. The three-day event will feature talks, demonstrations and interactive workshops from acclaimed chocolatiers and chefs.
- The Cinnamon Club, Old Westminster Library, 30-32 Great Smith Street, Westminster, SW1P 3BU. Nearest station: St James, Victoria or Westminster. For more information, visit the Cinnamon Club website or tel: 020 7222 2555.
For a guide to what else is on in London in October, click here.