On an average gloomy winter’s night in London, you’re a world away from the fresh air and atmosphere of bonnie Scotland. However, this month, Mac & Wild are offering Londoners the opportunity to take a trip to the Highlands without leaving the capital. Throughout February, the Scottish restaurant are giving customers the chance for a Free Taster Experience.
Taking place at their City outpost’s Hunting Lodge in Devonshire Square, diners can choose to take part in a range of interactive and immersive taster masterclasses, involving Haggis-making, venison butchery, gin and whisky. Mac & Wild’s founder Andy Waugh will be hosting Haggis Making Masterclasses and Butchery sessions so you can learn how to pluck and prepare a pheasant or haunch of venison. Or if you fancy a tipple, you can sign up to a gin or whisky taster masterclass, or even a virtual reality whisky experience to the remote Scottish village of Jura. Guests can sample three different names of gin or whisky, while the latter masterclass, drinkers will have the chance to don virtual reality headsets.
The experiences include;
- Haggis-Making Taster Masterclass – Tuesdays @ 6pm and 8pm
- Butchery Taster Experience – Wednesdays @ 6pm and 8pm
- Gin Taster Masterclass – Thursdays @ 6pm and 8pm, Saturdays @ 1pm
- Virtual Reality Jura Whisky Experience – Fridays @ 6pm and 8pm, Saturday @ 3pm
All of the Mac & Wild Taster Experiences are available to dining customers. You must book a table at the restaurant to reserve a free space on the experiences. Each experience lasts one hour.
- Mac & Wild City, 9A Devonshire Square, City of London, EC2M 4YN. Nearest station: Liverpool Street. For booking and more information, visit the Mac & Wild website.
For a guide to what else is on in February, click here.