Discover festive markets and fairs in central, north, south, east, and west London in November and December 2021.
With Christmas getting closer all the time and depressing warnings about ‘supply issues’ at the big chain stores, the thought of in-person shopping from independent traders is more appealing than ever. What better way to pick up some gifts for your loved ones, while getting an injection of festive spirit at one of London’s many Christmas markets and fairs.
Whether you live in north, south, east or west London, or just visiting the capital, there’s plenty of festive shopping opportunities around town. This season we’ll see the return of some popular, long-term markets, while many local communities, museums and charities are hosting one-off or weekend fairs.
Many of the markets and fairs have free entry, while some charge a small entry fee to raise money for charity. Be aware that some events are asking visitors to register for a free ticket online so they can control crowd numbers as the pandemic continues.
Here’s a guide to London’s best Christmas markets and fairs this 2021.
Long-term Christmas markets in London
Some markets are opening throughout the run-up to Christmas, with some still going into the new year. Most of these markets will close earlier than usual on Christmas Eve and be closed all day on Christmas Day, Boxing Day and New Year’s Day.
- 4 November – 24 December 2021 : Southbank Centre Winter Market
Wooden chalets selling festive food, drink, gifts and treats alongside the river on the South Bank. Open daily 11am-11pm. Free. Queen’s Walk, South Bank, SE1. Nearest station: Waterloo, Westminster or Embankment. For more information, visit the Southbank Centre website.
- 12 November 2021 – 9 January 2022 : Christmas in Leicester Square
The West End’s famous square will feature a Christmas market in Bavarian-style huts. There will also be a Santa’s Grotto for kids and a Spiegeltent, which will host a production of La Clique. Open Mon-Fri 12pm-10pm, Sat-Sun 10am-10pm. Free entry to the market, but tickets required for Santa’s Grotto and the Spiegeltent. Leicester Square, WC2H. Nearest station: Piccadilly Circus or Leicester Square. For more information, visit the Christmas In Leicester Square website.
- 16 November 2021 – 2 January 2022 : Christmas By The River 2021
Annual festive market featuring food, drink, craft and gift stalls across The Scoop More London, Hay’s Galleria and London Bridge City Pier. Open daily 11am-10pm. Free entry. Queen’s Walk and Hay’s Galleria, SE1 2DB. Nearest station: London Bridge or Tower Hill. For more information, visit the London Bridge City website.
- 18 November – 24 December 2021 : Kingston Christmas Market
Over 40 wooden cabins will be selling festive food, drink and gifts. Times TBC. Free entry. Market is located across two sites: The first in between Clarence Street and High Street, and the 2nd in front of All Saints Church, Kingston-upon-Thames, KT1. Nearest station: Kingston. For more information, visit the Kingston Christmas Market website.
- 19 November 2021 – 3 January 2022 : Winter Wonderland Market
Winter Wonderland returns to Hyde Park and offers a German market selling gifts, as well as food and drink. You can bring the whole family and get into the festive spirit with a fun fair, circus, live shows and an ice rink. Open daily 10am-10pm. General entry: (must be pre-booked) Peak £5-£7.50, Off-peak free. Entrance fee waived if you spend over £20 on attractions, rides or games in advance. Hyde Park, Westminster, W2 2UH. Nearest station: Hyde Park Corner, Marble Arch or Knightsbridge. For more information, visit the Winter Wonderland website.
One-off or short-term London Christmas fairs and markets
- 1 – 7 November 2021: Spirit Of Christmas Fair
For the super organised, get ready for Christmas early with this fair, where you can stock up on gifts, design and food all ready for the festive season from over 750 independent boutiques. There will also be a winter restaurant and a champagne bar. Open Mon-Sat: 10am-6pm, Thur: 10am-9pm, Sun: 10am-5pm. Tickets: Adults start from £21 (from £25 on the door), Children 13-16 yrs from £14 (£18 on the door), 12 and under free. Olympia Grand, Hammersmith Road, Kensington, W14 8UX. Nearest station: Kensington Olympia. For more information, visit the Spirit Of Christmas Fair website.
- 7 November and 4 – 5 December 2021 : Crafty Fox Christmas Market @ Mercato Metropolitano
Buy gifts directly from crafters and makers, enjoy food and drink from street food stalls or take part in a make-your-own-botanical-necklace workshop. 11am-5pm. Free entry.
- 10 November 2021 : Merry Marylebone
A festive evening to coincide with the Christmas lights switch-on with charity partner Mind Brent, Wandsworth and Westminster. Featuring retailer discounts, food and gift stalls, charity tombola, wreath-making, live music, Santa’s grotto, fairground rides, with a celebrity switching on the lights. 3pm-7pm. Free to attend. Marylebone Village (Marylebone High Street, Paddington Street and Devonshire Street), W1. Nearest stations: Bond Street, Baker Street or Marylebone. For more information, visit the Marylebone Village website.
- 10 – 14 November 2021 : Country Living Christmas
Prepare for the festive season with a host of Christmas stalls and events, including expert talks, workshops, food hall, shopping emporium, meet-the-makers and champagne bar. Open Wed-Thur 10am-5pm, Fri-Sat 10am-6pm, Sun 10am-3pm. Tickets: Adults from £20, Children 5-16yrs £9. Business Design Centre, 52 Upper Street, Islington, N1 0QH. Nearest station: Angel. For more information and booking, visit the County Living Fair website.
- 10 – 14 and 22 – 26 November 2021 : Finnish Church Christmas Fair
Christmas market featuring live music, Finnish treats and gifts, food and drink from the cafeteria. Opening hours vary. Free entry. Finnish Church, 33 Albion Street, Rotherhithe, SE16 7JG. Nearest station: Rotherhithe. For more information, visit the Finnish Church website. Read the rest of this entry
Regent Street is one of London’s most iconic shopping fares, full of people, buses and cars. However, this Sunday 31 May, the street is getting shut down to vehicle traffic as Magnum hosts a special party with entertainment, food, drink and more. The ice cream giants are hosting a one-day spectacular to mark the launch of their new flavours Magnum Pink (raspberry) and Magnum Black (espresso). Among the highlights will be dance performances, a catwalk show, DJ sets, themed cocktails at some of the area’s restaurants and complimentary ice cream.
In the Magnum Emporium – designed by The Saturdays singer Mollie King – there will be a dipping bar to customise your own Magnum, as well as the chance to sample the new Pink or Black at four stations along Regent Street. There music at one end of Regent Street and a catwalk show at the other.
Among the many offers, discounts and promotions taking place on the day include:
– Limited edition cocktail, Infinity & Beyond, from Gordon Ramsay’s Heddon Street Kitchen.
– An exclusive gift with purchase at Hackett.
– Live music at Karl Lagerfeld and 10% off their S/S 15 collection.
– Free manicure when you spend £25, cool giveaways, jewellery workshop for kids, face painting, balloon modelling, monogramming stations and outdoor chill out zone at H&M.
– 10% off at the S/S 15 collection at Banana Republic, Anthropologie, Penhaligon’s and Charles Tyrwhitt.
– Spend £250 at Oliver Sweeney and you will be treated to 20% off.
– 2 for 1 tickets to screenings at Regent Street Cinema.
– 20% off everything at Tommy Hilfiger.
– Sample exclusive Magnum themed cocktails and macaroons at the Hotel Café Royal.
– Cocktails and 10% off bills over £100 at Piccolino in Heddon Street.
– 10% off your bill at FishWorks in Swallow Street when you mention Magnum.
- Magnum hosts a traffic-free day on Regent Street on Sunday 31 May 2015. Free entry. 12-7pm. Regent Street, W1. Nearest tube: Oxford Circus or Piccadilly Circus. For more information, visit the Regent Street website.
For a guide to what else is on in London in May, click here.
or listings of events in June, click here.