Street art has been gaining a newfound respect in recent years thanks to the likes of Banksy and Stik. However, of course there is another kind of ‘street art’… as in someone on the street creating art. While crossing Hungerford Bridge today, I spotted an artist painting the London Eye and the South Bank. I rarely see artists creating work outside these days so it was a pleasant surprise to see a painter in action. Hope he was pleased with the finished article…
- Memoirs Of A Metro Girl is a blog for residents and visitors to London, featuring what's on guides, reviews, pop-ups, festivals, history and the odd travel piece.
- Travel to the ancient world with the Crystal Palace dinosaurs
- THE END finally lands on Trafalgar Square’s Fourth Plinth
- Step into Picasso’s studio with an immersive art experience at BASTIAN gallery
- Ultimate London Quiz Part 2 | Questions and answers about the capital
- Adelaide House | The story of London’s first skyscraper
- Austin Friars | The history of one of London’s lost monasteries
Check out Metro Girl on Instagram
- RT @EventLambeth: Lambeth are pleased to welcome Bensons Funfair back to Streatham Common this August with all the usual rides, attractions… 16 hours ago
- Exploring one of London's most elaborate 'office' buildings, Two Temple Place #ttot memoirsofametrogirl.com/2020/02/09/two… 17 hours ago
- Ever spotted these cannon-looking bollards on Bankside? #ttot memoirsofametrogirl.com/2020/02/12/can… 18 hours ago
Most read today
All photographs and text on this page are © Memoirs Of A Metro Girl, unless otherwise stated.
DO NOT USE WITHOUT SEEKING PERMISSION FIRST.
- Follow Memoirs Of A Metro Girl on WordPress.com
Tags19th century 1920s Backyard Cinema Carnaby Street cinema City of London Clapham cocktails Covent Garden East End eating foodie Georgian half-term ice skating immersive immersive theatre live music Mayfair Open House London Piccadilly Pop up River Thames school holidays sculpture Shoreditch Sir Christopher Wren Soho South Bank Spitalfields St James street furniture The Vaults Things to do in London Travel Victorian Vintage Waterloo Westminster What's On Guide