Street art has been gaining a newfound respect in recent years thanks to the likes of Banksy and Stik. However, of course there is another kind of ‘street art’… as in someone on the street creating art. While crossing Hungerford Bridge today, I spotted an artist painting the London Eye and the South Bank. I rarely see artists creating work outside these days so it was a pleasant surprise to see a painter in action. Hope he was pleased with the finished article…
Memoirs of a Metro Girl is a blog for residents and visitors to London, featuring what’s on guides, reviews, events, history and the odd travel piece.
- The lost Moorish palace of showbiz and sin: The story of Leicester Square’s Alhambra
- Guide to what’s on in London in May 2021
- Appetise your wanderlust at the Travel Photographer of the Year awards 2020 exhibition
- The giant Earth sculpture ‘Gaia’ is returning to the Painted Hall
- White Hart Dock | Boat sculptures pay tribute to a lost riverside hub
- Old Royal Naval College to reopen with workshops, history tours and foodie treats
- NEW POST: The story of the infamous Alhambra of Leicester Square memoirsofametrogirl.com/2021/05/05/alh… 9 hours ago
- The urban myths of #London and the real story behind them memoirsofametrogirl.com/2018/11/03/urb… 11 hours ago
- The history of the 'Thin House' in #Kensington memoirsofametrogirl.com/2018/01/28/thi… 16 hours ago
Most read today
Most photographs and text on this page are © Memoirs Of A Metro Girl, unless otherwise stated.
DO NOT COPY WITHOUT SEEKING PERMISSION FIRST.
- Follow Memoirs Of A Metro Girl on WordPress.com
Tags19th century Carnaby Street cinema City of London cocktails Covent Garden East End eating foodie Georgian half-term ice skating immersive immersive theatre installation literature live music Mayfair Open House London photography Piccadilly Pop up River Thames school holidays sculpture Sir Christopher Wren Soho South Bank Spitalfields St James street furniture subterranean The Vaults Things to do in London Travel Victorian Vintage Waterloo Westminster What's On Guide